Re: Initial draft for our "Code of Ethics and Conduct"

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Initial draft for our "Code of Ethics and Conduct"
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 23:27:21 +0800,
>   Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> - Mentoring at least one new member annually
>
> If this refers to new Marketting/Advocacy members I think this may not
> be workable unless a lot of people are leaving the group. Otherwise
> it implies that the group must double in size every year for enough people
> to be available to be mentored.

Ok, good point, that may not be needed for us.  :)

Then again, it might turn out to be useful... reckon it's feasible to
do, and to maintain "quality" with?

>> - Tell only and all the truth
>
> What about exceptions for people who have signed NDAs?

Ok, how about:

  - Tell only and all the truth, where legally permissible?

>> - Abide by the laws and the regulations of the juristiction
>
> Was this supposed to be "their" (instead of "the") juristiction?
> I wouldn't want to agree with that (but then I am not really a good
> candidate for the advocacy group) as it would rule out civil disobediance
> or just ignoring stupid laws.

Hmmm, good point.  Not sure about the civil disobediance.  We should
probably narrow it down to "their" and also ensure the focus is on
PostgreSQL (or Open Source) related activities.

>> - Choose PostgreSQL solutions whenever those meet the needs of the users
>

> I think this is a bad idea. The ethical thing to do is to provide people
> with the best soltuion for them taking into account all of their needs.

Ok, very, very good point.  Should have thought of that myself too, as
thats the way I work.

;-)

I'm going to bed soon, so I'll have to read comments in the morning.

'nite all

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Сообщение: Re: Initial draft for our "Code of Ethics and Conduct"
Сообщение: Re: Initial draft for our "Code of Ethics and Conduct"