Re: Error message "psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory"

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: Error message "psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
afterthe other) and tried out what was said there (adapted to my conditions):

> sudo -u _postgres /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/data
>
> and suddenly postgres runs….

And for whatever reason, after having worked this morning, it doesn't work anymore after I restarted the computer in
themiddle of the day. I can't believe it.

When I type in:

    sudo -u _postgres /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/data

it spits out:

    LOG:  00000: could not identify current directory: Permission denied
    LOCATION:  find_my_exec, exec.c:126
    FATAL:  XX000: /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/bin/postgres: could not locate my own executable path
    LOCATION:  getInstallationPaths, postmaster.c:1138

I looked around, but couldn't find a plausible explanation for this.

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Error message "psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory"
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Error message "psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory"