Re: Exporting data from PostgreSQL

От paul butler
Тема Re: Exporting data from PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Date sent:          Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:20:59 +0900
Subject:            [NOVICE] Exporting data from PostgreSQL
From:               Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com>
To:                 pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Try This,

Go into psql

mfx=# \pset fieldsep '\t'       // sets field delimiter to tab
Field separator is '    '.
mfx=# select * from actor;     // make your query
mfx=# \o d:\A\tester.txt       // set file to output results
mfx=# select * from actor;    // execute query

open up resulting test file in excel, and then do with it what you will.
Line breaks in long test fields are broken up over rows, but neatly.

There is also a php class (with varying licenses) to create excel sheets

http://www.web-aware.com/

Remember a few problems with text fields, but it did the job well enough

Hope this helps

Paul Butler