Re: ctlSQLBox ClientEncoding problem on Display?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: ctlSQLBox ClientEncoding problem on Display?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Andreas.
>
>UNICODE standard seems to be a correct answer.!
>I am examined with the standard so that it can operate it without problem.
>
>ScreenShot of the reference is a UNICODE version.
>http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin/lib/pgadmin3_unicode_debug1.jpg

Hi Hiroshi,
that nasty bug that prevented unicode under gtk might as well be
responsible for this. Please either use wxWindows2.5 >= 2003-06-07 or
patch the file common/string.cpp in wxString::wxString(const char *psz,
wxMBConv& conv, size_t nLength) around line 269:

// MB2WC wants the buffer size, not the string length
if ( conv.MB2WC(m_pchData, psz, nLen + 1) != (size_t)-1 )
{
// initialized ok
m_pchData[nLen] = 0; // <<<< this was missing and left strings unterminated
return;
}

Regards,
Andreas