Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user

От Kaarel
Тема Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Дата
Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user  (Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
Список pgsql-general
> The _very first_ thing to do with any PostgreSQL installation is bump up
> the memory settings (at least "sort_mem" and "shared_buffers") in the
> postgresql.conf and restart it.

This makes me wonder why is the default configuration so conservative?
If this is the very first thing with any postgre installation then
wouldn't it make more sense to have higher default memory settings and
these who then have problems could lower the memory settings.