Re: 7.3.3 - plpython & trigger problem

От Arthur Ward
Тема Re: 7.3.3 - plpython & trigger problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> There is a known bug with applying the same plpython trigger function to
> multiple tables that have different rowtypes --- the rowtype info gets
> cached for the first table the function is used with in a session, and
> then inappropriately reused with the other tables.  Does this seem to
> describe your observations?

No, it does not match what I'm seeing. To check, I dropped my test
table and function, exited psql, started psql, and ran the script I
originally posted. I still get the same results. If I had to guess, this
seems more like a Postgres to plpython conversion problem than a
caching problem. Another thing that seems weird about it is that the
value is sometimes 1 and sometimes 0. In my test case, it's 1 when
the value should be 'test', and 0 when '1234'.

Had I not noticed plpython's problem with char fields, I would have
already run smack into the caching problem you described. :-(

--
Arthur Ward