Re: [off-topic] obtaining the user's group

От miguel angel rojas aquino
Тема Re: [off-topic] obtaining the user's group
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:
> miguel angel rojas aquino <mrojas_aquino@mail.flashmail.com> writes:
>
>>hi, i'm looking for the way to obtain the group to which belongs a
>>database user, something like "SELECT USER" to obtain the current user
>>name but for the group.
>

> Uh, this doesn't seem well-defined.  A user could belong to many groups,
> or none.
>
>             regards, tom lane

so, there is no easy way to get this one, right?

i was trying to get the user group so my app could determine the options
that would be showed to the user, but maybe i'll need to implement my
own user/groups tables, right?

as always, thanks a lot for your help, and best whishes