Re: Using a RETURN NEXT

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Using a RETURN NEXT
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Mr Weinbach, Larry wrote:
> But at execution time I am getting thi error :
>
> WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL
> function word_case
> WARNING:  line 5 at return next
> ERROR:  Set-valued function called in context that
> cannot accept a set

You didn't show the execution time SQL statement, but the error you are
getting usually indicates you did something like:
  SELECT word_case();

but you should have done:
  (define the function to return setof record)  SELECT * FROM word_case() AS (message text);

or
  CREATE TYPE word_case_type AS (message text);  (define the function to return setof word_case_type)  SELECT * FROM
word_case();

HTH,

Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: