Re: pogAdmin3 source po file

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pogAdmin3 source po file
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Mercredi 4 Juin 2003 17:22, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
>

>>Proposal for directories: ui/en, ui/fr, ui/de, ...
>>

>Under GNU/Linux, all translations are stored in /usr/share/locale.
>There is only one .mo file per application. In order to avoid duplicate
>entries, it is recommended to have only one .po file.
>
>cvs_root/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.po,
>cvs_root/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.po,
>etc...
>
>/usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.mo,
>/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.mo,
>etc...

wxWindows will not be satisfied with en or fr subdirectories, it must be
en_US or fr_FR. In the upper case, the browse directory would be
configured to /usr/share/locale, and fr_FR is appended automatically.
wxWindows will seek the LC_MESSAGES/*.mo, as well as fr_FR/*.mo. I
wonder why we should split the files, copying the *.mo into /usr/share.
Why not keeping all files together under /usr/local/pgadmin3? While
talking about directory structures, what are that additional
share/pgadmin3 good for? In any case, we aren't sharing files (as long
as we binarily distribute static linked packages, not wxWindows or GTK2
shared libs which probably isn't a good idea).

Regards,
Andreas

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: wxrc
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: pgAdmin3 and gtk2.0/Unicode: done