Re: SQL problem: bank account

От Dmitry Tkach
Тема Re: SQL problem: bank account
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I am afraid, this looks even uglier then your second solution, but
should work, and be quicker...

-- You need this to avoid having to rescan the whole table for each
customerid every time and resort the results
create index customer_txstamp_idx on bank_account (customer_id, ts);

select ba.* from bank_account ba where
transaction_id = (select transaction_id from bank_account where
customer_id = ba.customer_id order by customer_id desc, ts desc limit 1);

Now, note that, if you have lots of different customers in that table,
it will still take a while to fetch them all (although, it should still
be a lot quicker then half an hour) - in that case, you may consider
either getting them one-by-one (by adding ... and customer_id=? to the
above query) or using cursors...

I hope, it helps...

Dima

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: