Re: Is CLOB support?

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: Is CLOB support?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Vernon wrote:

> I have scaned over the postgresq.org and can't confirm whether the CLOB
> data type is supported in 7.2 or 7.3. I can't see any on-line document
> say the data type is supported meanwhile I see java code such as
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/AbstractJdbc3Clob.java
> in the JDBC implements the data type.

When I follow the link above I see methods that throw a NotImplemented
exception.

PostgreSQL does not have the SQL'99 CLOB type, and I guess this JDBC
methods will be used for that as soon as we get the type in the backend.
  But it does have support for Large Objects in its own particular way
(it was implemented before the standard came out) and there is a JDBC
extension to deal with this.  Look at:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/README

at the "Large Object API" section.

--