Re: Select query takes long to execute

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Select query takes long to execute
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 29 May 2003 at 8:58, Kevin Schroeder wrote:
> If anyone has any ideas as to why the query is taking so long and what I can
> do to make it more efficient I would love to know.

Check yor shared buffers setting and effective OS cache setting. If these are
appropriately tuned, then it should be fast enough.

Is the table vacuumed? Is index taking too much space? Then try reindexing. It
might help as vacuum does not reclaim wasted space in index.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Wait!  You have not been prepared!        -- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday",
stardate 3113.2