Re: arrays and insert/select

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: arrays and insert/select
Дата
Список pgsql-general
nolan@celery.tssi.com wrote:
> I'm loading a table from another (in 7.3.2) and need to build a
> varchar array from a varchar column in the source table.

[...snip...]

> There doesn't appear to be a to_array function.

In 7.4 you'll have other options, but in 7.3.x the only way I can think
of to do this is like this (example is int/int[], but I think you'll get
the picture):

create table a (f int);
insert into a values(1);
create table b (f int[]);
create or replace function singleton_array(int) returns int[] as '
declare
  v_arr text;
begin
  v_arr := ''{'' || $1 || ''}'';
  return v_arr;
end;
' language 'plpgsql';
insert into b (f) select singleton_array(f) from a;
test=# select * from b;
-----
  {1}
(1 row)