Re: DATA-CUBE in Postgresql.

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: DATA-CUBE in Postgresql.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Srikanth M wrote:
> Hi!
>     I am interested in adding DATA-CUBE operator(Related to Data
> Warehousing) to postgresql. I just want to know wheather it is already
> added to postgres or not. please reply to this mail if you have already
> worked or still working on it.
>
> Bye
> Srikanth

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Currently there is just one solution I am aware of.
The EFEU package provides a simple interface to PostgreSQL (via its Esh
interpreter language) which allows you to do some basic operations
related to cubes.

If there was a solution which is distributed along with PostgreSQL this
would be a damn good thing.
How is it supposed to work? I have done a lot of work with EFEU so maybe
I can give you some hints since the way EFEU treats cubes makes sense to me.
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria