Re: Calling external program from trigger

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Calling external program from trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 May 2003 at 11:30, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to notify a server whenever a certain table is updated.

There were some replies on this earlier, but I deleted most of them in morning
session.

You can write a trigger in C and signal a PID, where you can get the PID from a
a location that your server and C trigger knows about.. Maintain in a database
config table as a solution.

HTH

ByeShridhar

--
MIPS:    Meaningless Indicator of Processor Speed