Re: Rule on tabel

От DeJuan Jackson
Тема Re: Rule on tabel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Look at the docs for triggers and pay special attention to NEW/OLD you
want to change the value in NEW.increase and return it.  I'd give you a
more concrete example but I can't get to www.postgresql.org right now
myself.

Don't know if this is doable using a rule, and if it was you might get n
infinite recursion because rules are fired after the insert/update,
which means update happens to the row, rule fires and updates the row,
rule fires and updates the row, rule fires and updates the row, ....