Re: constraint with reference to the same table

От Rudi Starcevic
Тема Re: constraint with reference to the same table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Victor,

I see.
Good point.

Thank you kindly.
Regards
Rudi.

Victor Yegorov wrote:
* Rudi Starcevic <rudi@oasis.net.au> [15.05.2003 02:59]:
Hi,

Can I confirm what this means then ..

For large table's each column with ref. inegritry I should create an
index on those columns ?
I think, that indicies are needed only at delete stage to decrease search
time of possible referencing rows.
Not only, of course, but when we speak about
INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE data it is so.

On the other side, indicies increases total query runtime, because for
each row deleted/updated/inserted it'll be necessary to update each index.

In my case, I at first drop "cyclic" constraints, do the job and then
restore them.

Сообщение: Re: constraint with reference to the same table
Сообщение: Re: constraint with reference to the same table