Re: pg_dump options and perhaps 'Enhancement request'

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: pg_dump options and perhaps 'Enhancement request'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This guy raises a good point, albeit indirectly. The transitions from one major version to another need to be smoother
ifPostgres is going to gain any more acceptance in big database circles.

A dump file shouldn't have to be messed with to reload it into the next version. There should be a 'conversion tool' or
scriptbetween each version. And if a customer waits 8 versions to update, those tools, used in sequence, should be able
tochange his old dump to be imported into the latest version.

Terry Yapt wrote:
> Ok.. ok...
>
> I know I can do a lot of things with external software or utilities (even with sed, vi or others).  I can develop my
ownsoftware tool to do what I want to do too.  But, I think PostgreSQL team is porting this great DB to Win32 now.  Ok,
Ican tell you the windows guys don't have so much utilities like linux/unix guys or worse perhaps they will be users
onlyand don't know how to use perl or something similar.

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: PG_DUMP too slow...
От: Keary Suska
Сообщение: semget: No space left on device