Re: NOT IN doesn't use index? (fwd)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: NOT IN doesn't use index? (fwd)
Дата
Re: NOT IN doesn't use index? (fwd)  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-performance
Becky Neville wrote:
> Here is the EXPLAIN output from the two queries.  The first is the one
> that uses WHERE field NOT IN ( 'a','b' etc ).  The second is the (much

Unless you are working with Postgres 7.4devel (i.e. cvs HEAD), the IN
construct is notoriously slow in Postgres. In cvs it is vastly improved.

Also, as I mentioned in the other reply, send in "EXPLAIN ANALYZE"
results instead of "EXPLAIN" (and make sure you run "VACUUM ANALYZE" first).

Joe

Сообщение: Re: NOT IN doesn't use index? (fwd)
Сообщение: Re: NOT IN doesn't use index? (fwd)