2 questions (array element retrieval and users connected)

От Joep DeVocht
Тема 2 questions (array element retrieval and users connected)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've searched the docs on it but don't seem to find an answer.

Relating to Postgres7.1, I have the following questions:

- I have a table with an array type column ( col decimal(25,10)[] ).
  I tried retrieving individual elements using the C++ interface
GetValue function.
  However, GetValue does not recognize for example col[1] as attribute
argument. It seems
  that you need to retrieve the complete array string, and then pick it
apart to
  store the values. Which is pretty awkward. My question is, is there a
more elaborate
  function than GetValue that I can use. And if not, is there a function
to pick
  apart the array values (it's easy to write myself, but since I'm sure
lots of people
  run into this problem, there might already be one available that I
can't find)

- Is there a way to see who is connected to the postmaster?

Many thanx in advance,

Joep.