Re: autovacuum fringe case?

От Evgeniy Shishkin
Тема Re: autovacuum fringe case?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 23.01.2013, at 20:53, AJ Weber <aweber@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have a server that is IO-bound right now (it's 4 cores, and top indicates the use rarely hits 25%, but the Wait
spikesabove 25-40% regularly).  The server is running postgresql 9.0 and tomcat 6.  As I have mentioned in a previous
thread,I can't alter the hardware to add disks unfortunately, so I'm going to try and move postgresql off this
applicationserver to its own host, but this is a production environment, so in the meantime...

> Is it possible that some spikes in IO could be attributable to the autovacuum process?  Is there a way to check this
theory?

Try iotop

> Would it be advisable (or even permissible to try/test) to disable autovacuum, and schedule a manual vacuumdb in the
middleof the night, when this server is mostly-idle?