Re: What locale is my DB using?

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Re: What locale is my DB using?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:

> See pg_controldata (a standard program in 7.3, contrib in the release or
> two before).

Thanks!

I have found the following differences between the pg_controldata output
from two postgres installation I had tought were identical:

DB1:

LC_COLLATE:                           C
LC_CTYPE:                             C

DB2:

LC_COLLATE:                           en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE:                             en_US.UTF-8

Both databases contain EUC_JP data and DB2 does not seem to be able to
do EUC_JP text comparisons correctly whereas DB1 is. Am I right in
assuming this is because of the differences in the values of these two
variables?

If this is the cause of the problem how can I change the values of these
variables for DB2? I tried to set them in postgres.conf but that gave an
error:

FATAL:  'LC_COLLATE' is not a valid option nameFATAL:  'LC_COLLATE' is
not a valid option name

Thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault