Re: PGA3 Memory Leaks

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: PGA3 Memory Leaks
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
efesar wrote:

>Andreas,
>
>The wxWindows documentation specifically states those objects must be
>deleted.
>
>The one line I didn't uncomment was "delete statistics." Since statistics is
>a wxListCtrl, it probably doesn't need to be deleted. That's why I left it
>commented. Please test and document. It's possible your crash was caused by
>that.
>
>In the meantime, I think the change should stay. IMHO, memory leaks are not
>wastes of time.
>
>Dave -- Opinion? I'll leave this one up to you, it that's okay.

Keith,

I had the crash on delete statistics. If you like to trace that on-exit
leaks, I don't mind as long as they don't cause double deletion as in
the case of statistics.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that we have somebody who's eager to
locate memory leaks, these things happen when producing code and should
be eliminated. It's just a difference whether that orphaned memory is a
db connection created all over and over again, or some bytes that get
dumped by the os anyway.

Regards,
Andreas