Re: cross-db queries (was Are we losing momentum?)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: cross-db queries (was Are we losing momentum?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Darko Prenosil wrote:

> Unfortunately any other way ends up with first selecting *ALL* records from
> host ! If there is no such limitation I'll be pretty satisfied with dblink,
> and will newer ask for "cross-db-queries" again !!!

Yeah, this is why a proper implementation following the spec is needed.
If the external access was part of the backend, then the planner could
be taught to push down qualifiers to the external source where
appropriate (I think -- maybe Tom will comment on this).

Joe