Re: Problem asking columns allowing NULL values

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: Problem asking columns allowing NULL values
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The problem here is that there isn't enough information in what the
server returns to the client to answer this question.  The client (jdbc
driver in this case) is only told what the column names are in the query
(actually not even that since if you alias a column, the server returns
the alias not the real base column name).  It doesn't know what the
table is so there is no way to figure out if the underlying table/column
is nullable or not.

In 7.4 the FE/BE protocol is being enhanced so that where possible the
client will have the information necessary to look up the correct
information.

thanks,
--Barry