Re: Anyone know why PostgreSQL doesn't support 2 phase

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Anyone know why PostgreSQL doesn't support 2 phase
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ron Peacetree wrote:
> [...]
> The lack of two phase =commit= is a also a potential performance hit
> in comparison to DB products that have it, but the more important
> issue there is that there are SMP/distributed apps that really can't
> work acceptably unless a DB product has two phase commit.
>
> The three "biggies" in DB land, SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2, have both
> features.  I suspect that PostgreSQL will need to as well...

Ron, do you actually have some ideas how to do 2 phase commits?
Especially things like how to re-lock during startup after a crash and
the like? Or is your knowledge in reality only buzzwords collected from
high glossy tradeshow flyers?

Jan