Export content of a DB

От Ben Clewett
Тема Export content of a DB
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Is it possible to export an entire DB in a form where it can be
re-imported?  For each table in a DB, output to a line-sequential file?

I have found that:

echo "select 'insert into $table values', * from $table |
    psql -F " " -A -t $database >> outfile.txt

Does at least give a file of sql statements.  But the strings are not
quoted or escaped.  So multi-word fields, and field''''s with quotes
mess up.

For this I also need a list of tables in a DB.  I can use:

for $table in read `echo "\dt" | psql -F " " -A -t rr | awk '{ print $2 }'`
do
    (as above)
done

But it's getting a little weigted!  I can't help fealing there must be
some clever option I am missing for dumping a DB in a form designed for
re-import, without all this work!

Thanks in advance if anybody can give me a hand...

Ben