Re: make form list with option select

От apz
Тема Re: make form list with option select
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Ahmad Sentri wrote:
> this syntax php with postgresql ....
> this syntax still wrong / error
> in my form doesn't list ...

I am assuming that $conn is created somewhere above ok

> <?php
>         $query1="select kode_fak, nama_fak from fakultas";
>         $query_result1 = pg_query($conn, $query1);
>            while ($row1 = pg_fetch_array($query_result1))
>         {
>                 echo "<option
> value=\"$row1[kode_fak]"\>$row1[nama_fak]</option>\n";
>            }
>
> ?>

first thing I would think of is how you access $row1

1. prolly you meant $row1["kode_fak"]
    you should quote your keyname, otherwise php thinks its something
    special, not a variable, not a string

2. I think its more obvious for compiler if you do it more explicitly:

    echo "<option value='".$row1["kode_fak"].".>".$row1["mana_fak"].
        "</option>\n";

3. there is pg_fetch_assoc, but since am newbie myself I am not sure
    wether its better to use pg_fetch_array and hope for it to be
    associative, or better use pg_fetch_assoc and be more guaranteed
    about it. anyone bother to comment? is pg_fetch_assoc an old timer
    function and pg_fetch_array is the main to use?

hope this helps, enjoy

/apz,   Condense soup, not books!

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: