What's better: one huge database or several smaller ones?

От dharana
Тема What's better: one huge database or several smaller ones?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I'm planning to develop a website network with n network nodes. There
will be a central node (website) wich will summarize information from
all the network nodes. It will be also possible to use data between
nodes (node A showing own data + data from node B). Table structures
between nodes will be identical. So my question is: what should i do,
put all the data in one huge database or spread it in several nearly
identical databases?

Data generated will grow at a rate of ~ 250Mb/year; 10000 rows per table
(size is physical space of /var/lib/postgres/data after vacuum analyze,
this dir contains only one database).

Thank you in advance,

dharana