Re: Create function statement with insert statement

От Christoph Haller
Тема Re: Create function statement with insert statement
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> I am trying to create a database trigger which inserts into a second
table.=
>   I have created the following function in accordance with the
reference ma=
> nual documentation (7.2).=20=20
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION orderinsert(INTEGER, VARCHAR) RETURNS
INTEGER AS=
>  '
> INSERT INTO HEXORDERS ( CUSTOMER_ID, ORDER_KEY, DISTRIBUTOR_ID,
ORDER_AMOUN=
> T, ORDER_GST ) VALUES ( $1, $2, 1, 0, 0 ) ;
>
> SELECT 1 ;
>
> ' LANGUAGE SQL ;
>
> It fails with the cryptic error "parse error at or near ;".   Can
anyone te=
> ll me what is wrong with this syntax?

I cannot see anything wrong with this syntax, except the newline in
ORDER_AMOUN\nT. But this is probably originated from your
mailing tool, isn't it?
Could you provide us with the CREATE TABLE HEXORDERS ( ... );
statement? Did you try the INSERT command within psql?

Regards, Christoph

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Christoph Haller
Сообщение: Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL is
От: Christoph Haller
Сообщение: Re: Create function statement with insert statement