Re: listen/notify with python pgdb

От Horst Herb
Тема Re: listen/notify with python pgdb
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
george young wrote:
> [postgresql 7.3, python 2.3a1, pygresql-3.4-pre021201]
> Does anyone use listen/notify with pgdb, the python DB-API
> interface?  I've done a crude hack, but maybe someone has a nicer one?

we are doing it quite extensively in our "gnumed" project, and it works
to our satisfaction.

We run the "listener" in a background thread which then posts messages
on receiving backend notifications.

However, we are using the pyPgSql python adapter, not the pgdb one.
Have a look at

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/python-common/gmBackendListener.py?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/x-python

Horst