User Feedback

От Terry Lee Tucker
Тема User Feedback
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello All:

We are porting an application from Progress to PostgreSQL. I'm
experimenting with the UI and issues of record locking. We are using
libpq-fe and C for the X-Windows front end. I need some suggestions on
how to get input back to the user when their update is waiting on the
release of a transaction where another user is updating the same record.
I thought that the C routines for Asynchronous queries would work. I
have finally gotten the asynchronous routines working such that at least
the UI is being updated during the wait, but still the user doesn't know
what is going on. Can someone point me in a sane direction regarding
this issue? ;-)

Thanks...

--
Sparta, NC 28675 USA