Re: A few questions to real pgsql gurus

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: A few questions to real pgsql gurus
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dmitry Tkach wrote:

>> If it's of any help, recent versions of Solaris 8 and higher come with
>> this built in too.
>
> I know, but we don't have too much money to spend on Solaris, and are
> running on Linux :-(
> Besides, the NetApp also has that redundancy stuff - if one (or, I
> believe, even up to three)  drive fails, it is still able to recover...

Um, I'm not a 100% total fan of Solaris anymore, but it's probably worth
mentioning that Solaris 8 INTEL does all of this too.  It has DiskSuite
as a free add-on that does many types of software RAID.

Solaris 9 SPARC/INTEL is supposed to have even better software RAID
capabilities available (similar to Veritas Volume Manager), but I
haven't had a chance to use it yet (downloading it now).

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Dima

- Indira Gandhi