Re: Performance Baseline Script

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Performance Baseline Script
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:45:25AM +1030, Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>As a side thought, just today found out that the TPC organisation
>>provides all kinds of code freely for building/running the TPC-x tests.
>
> Yes, but be careful what you mean there.
>
> It is _not_ a TPC test unless it is run under tightly-controlled and
> -audited conditions as specified by TPC.  And that effectively means
> you have to pay them.  In other words, it's not a TPC test unless you
> can get it published by them.
>
> That doesn't mean you can't run a test "based on the documents
> provided by the TPC for test definition _x_".  Just make sure you
> walk on the correct side of the intellectual property line, or you'll
> be hearing from their lawyers.

Good point.

What I was thinking about was that we could likely get the "test suite"
of code that the TPC publishes and ensure that it works with PostgreSQL.

The reason I'm thinking of is that if any of the existing PostgreSQL
support companies (or an alliance of them), decided to become a member
of the TPC in order to submit results then the difficuly of entry would
be that  bit lower, and there would be people around at that stage who'd
already gained good experience with the test suite(s).

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi