Re: Data write speed

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Data write speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
<snip>
> This isn't something I can do without blowing away my current software
> setup, hey?

Hi Josh,

Any chance that it's a hardware problem causing a SCSI level slowdown?

i.e. termination accidentally turned on for a device that's not at the
end of a SCSI chain, or perhaps using a cable that's not of the right
spec?  Stuff that will still let it work, but at a reduced rate.  Maybe
even a setting in the Adaptec controller's BIOS?  Might be worth looking
at dmesg and seeing what it reports the SCSI interface speed to be.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> -Josh