Re: In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast?

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: In 7.3.1, will I be able to reindex toast?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> writes:
> > Hmm... how about pg_largeobject?
> > It seems to be treated like a system table, but I think it is not
> > necessary. Does the reindex command simply check the "pg_" prefix?
>
> As of 7.3, I believe it treats any table living in the pg_catalog schema
> as a system table.  Certainly, a lot of these tables are not all that
> special and could be reindexed without going to standalone mode.
>
> It might be sufficient to insist on standalone reindexing just for the
> three or four tables that have nailed-in-cache indexes.  I'm not sure
> though.  Hiroshi, what do you think?

Basically I changed REINDEX to work with most system tables
under postmaster in 7.1, IIRC. And there's a trial to make
it possible even for nailed-in-cache relations ... Hmm
where's my code ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/