Temporary memory peak

От Marcel Ruff
Тема Temporary memory peak
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

i'm using the postgres JDBC driver to put a 2 MB blob into the database
(PostgreSQL 7.2.2).

I have tried an old release, the current stable (for JDK 1.2/1.3 and for
JDK 1.4) and the current snapshot for JDK 1.4 (2003 02 09) with the same
result.

When inserting a 2 MB blob (bytea) into Postgres the JDK memory
consumption reaches appr. 20 to 40 times the memory (40 MB).
Inserting a 5 MB blob exhausts my memory.

As a comparison:
The Oracle JDBC driver consumes temporary 5 times the size (~10MB)
which is still a lot.

Is there any workaround?

thanks

Marcel