Re: postgres on solaris 8

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: postgres on solaris 8
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christian Toepp wrote:
> hi, i have to set up a postgres database on a
> sun enterprise 10000 machine running on solaris 8.
> has anyone hints for tuning the database for me?

Hi Chris,

Sure.

We need some info first:

  + How much memory is in the E10k?
  + What's the disk/array configuration of the E10k?
  + How many CPU's? (just out of curiosity)
  + Will the E10k be doing anything other than PostgreSQL?
  + Which version of PostgreSQL? (please say 7.3.2)
  + What is the expected workload of the E10k?

Sorry for the not-entirely-easy questions, it's just that this will give
us a good understanding of your configuration and what to recommend.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> regards
> -Chris