Re: Postgres server output logfile

От Jean-Luc Lachance
Тема Re: Postgres server output logfile
Дата
Список pgsql-general
He is my very simple solution:

8<---------------------------
/*
 * log2file - send stdin to file opening it and closing it regularly
 */

#include <stdio.h>

FILE *  output;
char    buffer[ BUFSIZ];

int
main( int argc, char * argv[ ])
    {
    if ( argc != 2)
        {
        fprintf( stderr, "Usage: %s <output file>\n", argv[ 0]);
        exit( 1);
        }

    output = fopen(( const char *) argv[ 1], "a+");
    fclose( output);
    if ( output == NULL)
        {
        fprintf( stderr, "%s: cannot write to file: %s", argv[ 0], argv[
1]);
        exit( 2);
        }

    fclose( stderr);
    fclose( stdout);

    while ( ! feof( stdin))
        {
        fgets( buffer, sizeof( buffer), stdin);
        output = fopen(( const char *) argv[ 1], "a+");
        fputs( buffer, output);
        fclose( output);
        }
    exit( 0);
    }

In /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresl

[...]
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p
/usr/bin/postmaster start 2>&1 < /dev/null" |\
      /usr/local/bin/log2file /var/log/postgres &
[...]