Re: Website troubles

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Website troubles
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rogier van Eeten wrote:
<snip>
> Uhm... wasn't that a mssql-worm. And the patch was out for about half a
> year. So any administrator with a broken mssql wasn't quite good in his
> job. And I sincerely hope that the postgresql mailinglist wasn't running
> from a machine with mssql...

Hi Rogier,

On the subject of that worm, apparently it didn't affect just MS SQL
Server, but also most (all?) products containing Microsoft Database
Embedded.

Analysis: SQL slammer
http://www.robertgraham.com/journal/030126-sqlslammer.html

"Most victims were infected through MSDE 2000, a lightweight version of
SQL Server installed as part of many applications from Microsoft (e.g.
Viseo) as well as 3rd parties. You might have MSDE on your desktop right
now."

"The problem had little to do with normal SQL Server 2000 installations."

That includes:

Microsoft Visio
Veritas Backup Exec 9.0
McAfee Antivirus (Ha!)