Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
James Hubbard wrote:
<snip>
> I open my mouth and insert foot:  Where do I get any of these scientific
> tests to determine if the latest and greatest 7.3.x will not fall down
> on my favorite Unix?

For Open Source benchmarks, there is:

Open Source Database Benchmark:
http://osdb.sf.net

With this, you *want* to use the latest CVS version, as that can
generate it's own datasets of any size.  The older, released versions
couldn't and you had to download databases of limited size.

Database Opensource Test Suite:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/dotshowto.php

This works with DB2, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, and looks to
have been developed by IBM.  Haven't yet used this, but did notice that
the configuration instructions make no reference to upping the memory
buffers.  i.e. all of the tests they've done were probably with the
defaults (yuck!)

Emailed this group yesterday asking if they're open to suggestions for
improvement, and they said they definitely are.  If anyone has specific
they'd like to let them know, they do seem open to it.

A commercial solution that people often mention is Benchmark Factory:

http://www.benchmarkfactory.com

Haven't personally used it, although it's apparently the software that
Great Bridge used for all of their testing.

Hope this helps.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> James Hubbard