Re: Help! Version/behavior quirks.

От Jon V
Тема Re: Help! Version/behavior quirks.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
This is a follow-up on my previous cry for help.

I installed the version 7.1.9 ODBC driver on one of the machines that
was not working, giving
a machine with pg 7.3.1 odbc 7.1.9, pgadmin 1.4.12, and my query and
application started working. So the problems I was/am having are
definitely in the ODBC driver.

 From my perspective, there seems to be something wrong with the 7.2.x
line of ODBC drivers. I don't know enough about them to know if I'm just
missing something, but at least I'm back to working by reverting to 7.1.x.

So... is there any reason for me to use the 7.2.x line of ODBC drivers?

Also, I noticed a bit of a problem in trying to revert to the previous
ODBC driver. I ran the uninstaller and it claimed to be finished with no
errors. I then ran the installer and it claimed to be finished again
without error, but when I looked at the driver version in the ODBC data
sources interface under control panel, it still had the previous version
listed. To actually change the version, I had to manually rename the
.dll and then re-run the .MSI to get the other version to install and
take its rightful place as the ODBC driver.

Thanks,
    Jon