help with I/O statistics in 7.3.1

От Bogdan
Тема help with I/O statistics in 7.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: bogdan@expeditor.com (Bogdan)
Newsgroups: comp.databases.postgresql.questions
Subject: help with I/O statistics in 7.3.1

I can't make configuration to get "filesystem blocks in/out"
to show valid data.

Im only getting "0/0" all the time.
Is that functionality available in postgres 7.3.1 ???

Regards, Bogdan

------------------------

test4=# explain analyze select * from patients;
LOG:  query: explain analyze select * from patients;
LOG:  duration: 0.603887 sec
LOG:  QUERY STATISTICS
! system usage stats:
!       0.624269 elapsed 0.458985 user 0.123047 system sec
!       [0.468750 user 0.125000 sys total]
!       0/0 [0/0] filesystem blocks in/out
!       7/4 [310/158] page faults/reclaims, 0 [0] swaps
!       0 [0] signals rcvd, 0/0 [0/0] messages rcvd/sent
!       0/0 [0/0] voluntary/involuntary context switches
! buffer usage stats:
!       Shared blocks:       2742 read,          0 written, buffer hit
rate = 3.59%
!       Local  blocks:          0 read,          0 written, buffer hit
rate = 0.00%
!       Direct blocks:          0 read,          0 written                                                  QUERY PLAN
-----------------------------------------------------------------Seq Scan on patients  (cost=0.00..4048.60 rows=131960
width=172)
(actual time=0.04..562.97 rows=133886 loops=1)Total runtime: 602.42 msec
(2 rows)

test4=#
test4=# show all;
australian_timezones           | offauthentication_timeout         | 60autocommit                     |
oncheckpoint_segments           | 3checkpoint_timeout             | 300client_encoding                |
SQL_ASCIIclient_min_messages           | noticecommit_delay                   | 0commit_siblings                |
5cpu_index_tuple_cost          | 0.001cpu_operator_cost              | 0.0025cpu_tuple_cost                 |
0.01DateStyle                     | ISO with US (NonEuropean)

conventionsdb_user_namespace              | offdeadlock_timeout               | 1000debug_assertions               |
ondebug_pretty_print            | ondebug_print_parse              | offdebug_print_plan               |
offdebug_print_rewritten         | offdefault_statistics_target      | 10default_transaction_isolation  | read
committeddynamic_library_path          | $libdireffective_cache_size           | 1000enable_hashjoin                |
onenable_indexscan              | onenable_mergejoin               | onenable_nestloop                |
onenable_seqscan                | onenable_sort                    | onenable_tidscan                 |
onexplain_pretty_print          | onfixbtree                       | onfsync                          | offgeqo
                 | ongeqo_effort                    | 1geqo_generations               | 0geqo_pool_size
|0geqo_random_seed               | -1geqo_selection_bias            | 2geqo_threshold                 |
11hostname_lookup               | offkrb_server_keyfile             | unsetlc_messages                    |
Clc_monetary                   | Clc_numeric                     | Clc_time                        | Clog_connections
            | offlog_duration                   | onlog_min_error_statement        | paniclog_pid
| offlog_statement                  | onlog_timestamp                  | offmax_connections                |
32max_expr_depth                | 10000max_files_per_process          | 1000max_fsm_pages                  |
10000max_fsm_relations             | 100max_locks_per_transaction      | 64password_encryption            | onport
                    | 5432pre_auth_delay                 | 0random_page_cost               | 4search_path
    | $user,publicserver_encoding                | SQL_ASCIIserver_min_messages            | noticeshared_buffers
         | 64show_executor_stats            | offshow_parser_stats              | offshow_planner_stats             |
offshow_source_port              | offshow_statement_stats           | onsilent_mode                    | offsort_mem
                   | 1024sql_inheritance                | onssl                            | offstatement_timeout
      | 0stats_block_level              | offstats_command_string           | offstats_reset_on_server_start    |
onstats_row_level               | offstats_start_collector          | onsuperuser_reserved_connections | 2syslog
                | 0syslog_facility                | LOCAL0syslog_ident                   | postgrestcpip_socket
         | onTimeZone                       | unknowntrace_notify                   | offTRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL
|READ COMMITTEDtransform_null_equals          | offunix_socket_directory          | unsetunix_socket_group
|unsetunix_socket_permissions        | 511vacuum_mem                     | 8192virtual_host                   |
unsetwal_buffers                   | 8wal_debug                      | 8wal_sync_method                | fsync

(99 rows)

Regards, Bogdan

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: ECPG, threading and pooling
От: Lee Kindness
Сообщение: Re: ECPG, threading and pooling