Re: postmaster does not shutdown

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: postmaster does not shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi John,

Are you using cygwin on your PC for anything other than PostgreSQL?

About a day ago we put together an initial "easy-installation" package
of PostgreSQL (using cygwin) for Windows.  It's been working fine here.

If you're not using cygwin for anything else, and you've made a backup
of your data (just in case), would you be interested in installing that
and seeing if it works for you properly?  Was going to add it to the
PostgreSQL sites later on today, but can do it sooner rather than later
if needed.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

John Smith wrote:

> On my system (w2k), all postgres processes disappear from taskman after
> closing the cygwin window (started with either pg_ctl or postmaster)..
>
>  */Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn@cornelia-boenigk.de>/* wrote:
>
>      > I guess closing the window kills it?
>     No. It doesn't kill postgresql and it doesn't kill the ipc-daemon.
>     If you
>     look at the win task manager you see the processes still running.
>     You can
>     kill it with the task manager but this is a rather inelegant way;-)

- Indira Gandhi

Сообщение: Re: postmaster does not shutdown
Сообщение: Re: postmaster does not shutdown