Have a PG 7.3.1 Windows (cygwin) easy installer... now what to do with it?

От Justin Clift
Тема Have a PG 7.3.1 Windows (cygwin) easy installer... now what to do with it?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Mark (mlw) put together a PostgreSQL installer for Windows (cygwin
version) a little while ago, but he hasn't been responding to requests
for feedback regarding it (probably busy).

As we're going to be releasing a native Windows version of PostgreSQL
7.4 in a few months, it seems appropriate that we practise first to get
the hang of making packages on Windows, plus encourage anyone with
graphical talent to make attractive icon's for menu options, etc.

Anyway, spent the last two days making a brand new "PostgreSQL 7.3.1
Proof of Concept for Windows Alpha 1" easy-installer (11,161KB) using a
product called Inno Setup (very nice) and have a pretty good result.

It looks and feels *really* professional, and if people didn't know that
it was using cygwin, they'd probably never guess.

Am reckoning that the best thing to do for this is to create a project
on GBorg of some name, upload it, and everyone who is interested can
take it from there.

Does that sound like the best approach, and does anyone have good
suggestions for a project name?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift