Re: standard schemas for addresses, others?

От Oliver Vecernik
Тема Re: standard schemas for addresses, others?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dennis Gearon schrieb:

>> Are there any sites with 'standard schemas' for certain, repetitive
>> database needs? For
>> example, addresses and their components. Does anyone have a schema for
>> addresses that will
>> work for the USA *AND* internation addresses?

There is a great source of information on:

http://www.upu.int/post_code/en/addressing_formats_guide.shtml

But it also shows how difficult the actual situation is. Even if you're
sending to the same addressee the format is depending on the origin from
where it is sent. Refer to:

http://www.upu.int/post_code/en/formatting_international_address_en.pdf

If you're interested I can post the structure of Mozilla address book.
It seems to be sufficent for my needs.

HTH
Oliver

--