Re: embedded postgres

От Medi Montaseri
Тема Re: embedded postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
What do you mean by embedded ?
Do you have a persistent storage ? Flash or disk ? That would be
something you'll
need regardless. If you have a Flash secondary storage, then the writes
will shorten
the life of your flash. Otherwise, PG has a very smal foot print and can
be used in
most "embedded" environment based on what is embedded today...

Your questions are really
- do you have persistent storage
- do you have sufficient ram (PG not requiring as much as Oracle)
- There is also the issue of DB Maintenance (vacuumming) that PG still
requires it
  I think in 7.4 the plan is to make that automatic....