Database Performance problem

От joepie Platteau
Тема Database Performance problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A question about the performance of postgresql...

Situation :
I created a Postgresql Database with 2 tables : T-Persons and T-Address
In both tables are almost 70000 records.
I also created the same Database in MsAccess (and put it on the same
server) with the same tables (and data)

I connect these tables from my MsAccess2000 - frontend and run the
following query :

SELECT [T-persons].[Id-person], [T-address].Street, [T-address].Number
FROM [T-persons] INNER JOIN [T-addres] ON [T-persons].[ID-address] =
[T-address].[ID-address];

When I run this query
 1. with the tables of Postgresql, it takes approx. 58 seconds.
 2. with the tables of MsAccess, it takes approx. 6 seconds.
 3. directly (without connection to Access) on the server, it takes 5
seconds

I already tried optimising the Postgresql with Vacuum and I also created
an index on the field "ID-address" in T-persons.
All this doesn't help.  I also have the latest version of ODBC.

Are there any other possibilities to make this run faster?
I tried to make the query as Pass-through query, but this also doesn't
help a lot...(52 seconds)

Thanks,
Joepie.