Re: Anyone have a fresh Solaris 8 SPARC system to create

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Anyone have a fresh Solaris 8 SPARC system to create
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 09:20, Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>Sound like a plan?  Will also need someone else with a Solaris 8 SPARC
>>system to try the packages out too, just in case there are weird library
>>dependencies happening that might catch us out.
>

> I have access to several (two dozen) currently unused Ultra30 systems.  I can
> install Sol8 on one and Sol9 on another and provide ssh access (once I figure
> out how to get ssh working on Solaris) to you, once I know your static IP
> address or subnet range.  It may be a few days to a week before I can do the
> actual installation, however.

Wow, thanks Lamar.  *That's* about as good an offer as I was hoping for.

Mark, I can still teach you how to package stuff if you want.  In this
instance, having direct remote access to systems and being able to
ensure things are 100% fresh and correct is that bit safer, as well as
having other systems to test against.

The easiest way to get OpenSSH up and running on a new Solaris box is to
follow the instructions at:

http://www.sunfreeware.com/openssh.html

He provides packages there for just about everything, although you will
need to download the official Solaris patch from the sunsolve.sun.com
site that adds the /dev/random and urandom devices to the device tree.
It's all pretty straightforward.  :-)

Can't wait! (But am going to have to).  ;-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi