Re: psql and readline

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: psql and readline
Дата
Re: psql and readline  (Peter Mount <peter@retep.org.uk>)
Re: psql and readline  (Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
<snip>
> Let's suppose I am writing a query, and then I do \e to edit the query,
> and I exit the editor and return to psql.  Suppose I decide I want to
> reedit, so I up arrow.  I would expect to get \e, not the query I just
> edited, no?

Wouldn't it depend on how this gets implemented?

Maybe least negative impact approach (suggested already): If the "large
command that was edited" is put in the command history before the \e,
then both are available and there is no big change from "expected
behaviour".

i.e. one up arrow get the previous \e, and a second up arrow would bring
up the command that was worked upon.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift